Egypt is a land of dreams for travellers looking for a bustling destination with a vibrant culture.
The magnificence of the pyramids and wonders of ancient Egypt together with the natural beauty of the Nile, are enduring draw cards for tourists. Visit the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, where Tutankhamun’s tomb was unearthed, and see the glittering finds in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. With sand covered tombs, this exciting destination brings out the explorer in all of us.
Top 10 Things to Do in Egypt
- Amun Temple Enclosure in Luxor
- White Desert National Park in Western Desert
- Valley of the Kings tomb in Luxor
- The last remaining wonder of the ancient world; Pyramids of Giza
- Where the world's most important ancient artefacts are, the Egyptian museum in downtown Cairo
- Mt Sinai, a beautiful and easy mountain to climb.
- Saqqara; 7km stretch of the Western Desert where lays a huge cemetery of ancient Memphis
- Alexandria National Museum, a great way to understand the history of the city
- Great Sphinx of Giza; a monolithic ancient Egyptian monument
- Explore the lost city of Heracleion; an ancient city consumed by the depths of the ocean
Travel Tips for Egypt
- Heat and Hydration: bring light clothing, sunscreen, and electrolytes
- Dress appropriately and respectfully
- Closed in shoes are preferred due to dust and comfort!
- Egypt requires a Visa - refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Understand Egyptian currency - many notes looks similar which vast differences in value
Other Egypt Destinations
Frequented by repeat guests, the Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort offers the opportunity to experience a new side of the crystal Red Sea.
Situated in the Gardens Bay, Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh is based on the edge of an aqua oasis.
Let us welcome you to Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski, a haven of tranquillity in the heart of New Cairo.
Located in the heart of Cairo, five-star Kempinski Nile Hotel offers guests an outstanding boutique experience on the banks of the Nile River.
Experience the wondrous beauty of the Pyramids from Marriott Mena House, Cairo.
Perched on the quiet Southern tip of El Gezirah island, close to the city center and Zamalek.
Look forward to a stay in one of our three hotels in Cairo and experience Steigenberger hospitality.